Monday, June 15, 2009

a boat, a city and a bunch of cougars



well, the boat trip was special to say the least. Apparently I don't know the ins and outs of Georgian Bay as well as I hoped. 2 hours to make a 20 minute trip means there was a lot of getting lost. i felt particularly bad for Ando who just travelled three hours after a long day of work and had to spend his time holding the flashlight and peering for rocks. Anyway, we made it back safe and sound but it will be awhile before I do the in-the-dark trip again. 

In other news, the tennis weekend was pretty awesome. Besides the fun of spending 12 hours on court with the same people, they also gave us pretty amazing lunch and dinner.  And if you've never played "never have I ever" with fourteen 35+year-old  women who are very well imbibed, well, I highly recommend it.  

Needless to say, the 9am start the next morning was a little slow.  Now I'm back in Toronto and making plans to visit with as many friends as possible.  It's fun visiting the old neighbourhoods I once upon a time spent my days and nights in.   It's funny....you don't have to be away from a city for that long to notice how much it has changed and to get a sense of its rhythms. Being a visitor in a place that once was your home feels strange. 

2 comments:

  1. HA! Sounds like a fun night! Did Ando get a chance to participate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Being a visitor in a place that once was your home feels strange.

    So true! It's always fun and good in many ways, but also weirdly disorienting.

    ReplyDelete